Ever get that instant brownie craving? It happens to us almost every week (just jokes, daily!) but how do you make a healthier brownie alternative that still tastes incredible enough to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings.
Cue red kidney beans – yes you heard us correctly. When using red kidney beans, you are able to create an incredibly fudgy, rich chocolate brownie. *Instantly adds red kidney beans on to next shopping list.
Mums, will you be trying this recipe? Comment further below and us know x
Scroll further below for an easy-to-follow video on how to make these delicious Fudgey Kidney Bean Brownies. Serve as a yummy dessert – freeze leftovers for when those cravings hit.
*This recipe was shared from the blog Brooklyn Farm Girl, to see more recipe and visit her blog go HERE.
- 450g dark red kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup creamy regular or chocolate peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup instant oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix with spoon so all chocolate chips are equally distributed
- Grease 8×8 pan and pour the brownie mixture in. Take a spatula to smooth out the top
- Bake brownies for 16-18 minutes and remove from oven
- Combine milk, butter and powdered sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat, bringing to a boil. Allow to cook at a rolling boil for 30 seconds and remove from heat
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract to saucepan and stir till chips have melted
- Pour immediately over warm brownies
- Put in refrigerator to allow brownies to set quickly
Mums, will you be trying this mouth watering recipe?
Comment below to let us know and share your pics on social media if you do make it – we’d love to see them!