Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (dairy-free + gluten-free) The BEST peanut butter banana muffins that are packed with protein and peanut butter flavor.
Naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, gluten-free thanks to oat flour, and a great on-the-go healthy breakfast or snack. We found this recipe on the blog Ambitious Kitchen – be sure to check it out for some more gluten-free products.
• 1 cup Bananas, ripe
• 1/2 tbsp Dairy free milk
• 2 Eggs, large
• 3/4 cup Drippy peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
• 1/4 cup Maple syrup, pure
• 1 tsp Baking powder
• 1/3 cup Chocolate chips, mini dairy free
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 cup Gluten-free oat flour* (you can make your own -see notes section)
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a 12-cup muffin liner with muffin liners and spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray to prevent muffins from sticking to liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, peanut butter, eggs, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk of choice until smooth.
- Next stir in the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Evenly divide the batter into muffin liners.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool and enjoy! Makes 12 muffins.
- If you are using unsalted peanut butter, you can make the recipe as is. No need to add more salt.
- If you’re looking to make these muffins peanut-free, I think they’d be perfect with a drippy almond butter or cashew butter.
How to make your own oat flour for muffins
You can easily make your gluten-free oat flour for these peanut butter banana muffins by simply placing oats into a blender and blending or pulsing until they’re smooth and resemble flour. Head to our full post on how to make oat flour for all of our tips & tricks!
For this recipe, you’ll most likely need at least 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free rolled or old-fashioned oats to make about 1 cup of gluten-free oat flour.
Moms, is anyone in your family gluten intolerant and will you be trying this recipe?
Comment below to let us know x