Fish is such a healthy form of protein and this recipe by BestRecipeBox couldn’t be any easier or flexible and let’s not forget this recipe requires no extra dishes! It’s quick, easy, and a healthy option for dinner or lunch. Any type of vegetables can be used or omitted if you prefer just the fish with a salad.
This is a delicious and simple marinade that uses tilapia however you can use any type of white fish.
The flavors are fantastic, and it only needs to be baked for a few minutes in the oven so that you can enjoy a moist fish for dinner. It’s light and if you want to make it any for filling, just add some pasta, brown rice, wild rice, couscous, or quinoa.
Watch the video here and scroll down for the recipe and instructions:
Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness and size of your fish. So keep checking the fish while baking to make sure it’s to your desired texture, rather than follow an exact cooking time. This recipe is based on the cooking times for tilapia
2 x 170g white fish fillets
6-8 asparagus sprigs (can be swapped or left out)
1 medium zucchini (can be swapped or left out)
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme or oregano or a mix of both
1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
Fresh minced parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Tear two pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil large enough to wrap each fish and veggies pack.
- Place each fish filet in the center of the foils and then divide the veggies between each foil pack. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, dried thyme/oregano
- Divide the garlic butter over the two fish packets. Fold the foil over to almost completely cover the fish and veggies. Leave a small opening on top to release steam.
- Place on a baking sheet pan and bake fish until cooked through, depending on the type and the thickness of your fish, 15-20 minutes. When a fork easily cuts through the fish flakes, it’s cooked! Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top and with lemon wedges.
Mums, what do you think of this recipe? Will you be trying for dinner?
Comment below and let us know x