Making your own donuts sounds complicated enough that you might think it’s a dessert you’re better off buying from a bakery. Fluffy, delicious, and topped with a smooth glaze, they’re basically mini works of art.
But whipping up a dozen without leaving your own kitchen isn’t as hard as you’d think, and nearly all the ingredients you need for a vegan donut recipe are already right in your kitchen.
Typical bakery donuts are made with white flour, fried in hot oil, and loaded with white sugar. Tasty… just not exactly healthy. We found this super simple and super delicious recipe for vegan cinnamon donuts on the Well + Good YouTube channel.
These donuts are so healthy you can have them for breakfast or dessert.
Recipe and Ingredients
- Combine 2/3 cup of soya milk with 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar, mix and set aside for 10 minutes
- In a bigger bowl combine the above mix with 1 tablespoon of water, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and whisk together till frothy.
- Mix the following dry ingredients together: 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 a cup of superfine sugar, 1/2 a cup of coconut flour, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Combine your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk together and put the mix into your piping bag.
- Spray a donut tray with coconut oil then add the mix. Bake for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix together 1/2 a cup of icing sugar, 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil, and 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract and whisk till smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
Once the donuts are ready remove from the tray and allow it to cool. When ready pipe on the frosting, sprinkle with some cinnamon, and enjoy!
Will you be trying this delicious recipe at home MUMs?
Comment below to let us know.
Chat soon MUMs