How are we already in July mums? Halfway through another year – but it’s not too late to set goals and work towards them. It’s all about your mindset mums……
“Create the highest, grandest vision for your life because you become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
We challenge you, our mumbox community (we are doing this ourselves at HQ as well) to create a vision board within the next 7 days.
What is a Vision Board & Why Is It So Important?
A vision board is a page/board of images and words that represent your ideal life, overall feelings, and emotions you want to have. Instead of letting life just happen, you can choose to deliberately think, believe, and take action to build the life you really want to live.
We have created 3 simple steps for how to create YOUR vision board, we’re ready when you are.
STEP 1: HAVE CLARITY
- Before even starting your board, it’s so important to write down what changes you want over the next 6 months in your life.
- Categorise into 4 main parts of your life; finance/career, health/physical, family/love, and then emotions/feeling/self-love, etc
- Really spend some time and write down your answers with as much detail as possible. The more specific you are about what kind of life you really want, the easier it will be for you to set goals and take action to achieve them over the next 6 months.
- Don’t say ‘more money’ rather say ‘additional income of R5000 by doing xx:’ and give yourself 6 months to get there.
- Remember to start with 6 months vision board and then end of the year do a 12month board for 2022 (exciting!)
STEP 2: CREATE A VISION BOARD
- Get comfy with a cup of tea or wine, put on your favorite music, and just have fun and enjoy the beautiful process of dreaming up your life and changes over the next 6 months.
- Choose the type of vision board that works best for you. You can create a physical board, digital board, or both! For physical boards, you can draw out pictures by hand, write out quotes, cut/ paste from magazines, or print out images from Google or Pinterest.
- When your future is uncertain, it means anything is possible.
- When finding images, try to find pictures and words that show both the result AND evoke a positive emotion.
- Really take your time and be intentional about the images and quotes you pick. Make sure that looking at them will make you feel good and motivated to put in the work and create that life for yourself.
- Here are some vision board examples, if you are not naturally creative then just use words – it’s your board do it your way.
STEP 3: LOOK AT YOUR BOARD DAILY
- Yes, you heard us right – EVERY DAY. In order to really create and manifest that life into reality, you must remind yourself of what you want every. single. day.
- Hang your board in your bedroom, in your office, or for digital boards – set it as your desktop on the computer or screensaver on your phone. Make it a habit to look at it every day.
- Read out the quotes you placed on the board. Look at the pictures, feel the emotions and thoughts you want to have, and really visualize yourself vividly living that dream life.
- All results first start from your thoughts. So ONLY YOU can choose what you want to think and focus on. Your thoughts create your feelings. Your feelings then drive your actions. And your actions create your results.
There’s really no magic formula when it comes to using a visualisation board. But if you consistently follow through every day and develop strong clarity about what you want, and read it and feel it and think about it as if it is already happening.
We added some new profile questions to your Mumbox profile HERE and removed some old questions, so we ran a competition in June to update your profile and you could WIN R2500!
Well, our lucky mumbox member winner is….. Tirzah Willemburg
Congratulations – we will be in touch with you via your mumbox profile email to arrange your prize.
WIN a Royco Cooking Hamper PLUS a R1500 YuppieChef Voucher
The competition closes next Friday the 9th of July and the winner will be posted on all our mumbox social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) so make sure you enter and you could be our winner!ENTER HERE
MUMBOX MAGAZINE WINNERS
The four mumbox members who commented on their favorite articles in the month of June AND who have each won a R500 Pick N Pay voucher are below.
Congrats mums – we will be in touch via email with your vouchers – happy shopping!
- Morongwa Angel Sebopela
- Makayla Pillay
- Portia Wichman
- Mahlodi Rakgotho
MUMBOX – Made by mums for mums
If you are a mum or stepmum please join our community and be part of something special. A safe place where you can ask questions, offer advice, learn something new every week, take part in competitions, test & review campaigns and much more!
We can’t wait to welcome you – it’s our time!Medium button
That’s it from us for now mums, we wish you all a wonderful month ahead.
Keep warm, keep safe and chat soon x